#WETHEDATA is proud to sponsor and contribute to: Visualizing Dynamic Data for Engagement, Education & the Environment with our friends from CITRIS, and you’re invited!
“Come Celebrate Data Innovation Day on Jan. 24th with #wethedata & CITRIS ”
- WHERE: Banatao Auditorium, Sutardja Dai Hall, UC Berkeley on January 24th, 2013
- WHY: Harnessing the deluge of data we all generate is the next frontier. “Streams, Gardens, and Clouds” will examine sensor networks and social media platforms for supporting citizen and student engagement, economic development, and public health and safety.
Aided by the increasing availability of high-speed Internet, wireless networks, and mobile devices, people with access to multimedia tools contribute to these data flows both intentionally and inadvertently. Apps can now map the flow of traffic, rivers, and wind; social media sites chart the pulse of user sentiment; the online marketplace provides instant measures of economic activity; and online education platforms bring their own stream of information and feedback loops.
- WHO: #wethedata co-founder Juliette Powell will be speaking, in addition to a distinguished panel selectd by our friends at CITRIS. Come join the conversation and add your voice.
- WHO ME? Yes, you! Anyone who must make sense of this flood of information is welcome to attend—leaders in various fields, teachers, citizens and consumers—all of us rely on having effective tools to aggregate and visualize the data in a meaningful way.
- WHAT: Drawing on the expertise of CITRIS, UC Berkeley researchers and #WeTheData, the event will highlight current projects to represent dynamic data on urban trends, the environment, education, health and humanitarian response. The event will feature panel discussions and a keynote address. Plus, its free! And open to the public!
- Free and open to the public – http://citrisdatainnovationday.eventbrite.com/#
Add a Comment